Vietnam: One of the most affordable countries in Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia is known to be one of the cheapest destinations in the world. This area has received many tourists over the years and people flock here because of culture, landscapes, beaches, gastronomy, etc ... If you plan to travel here, you will quickly discover the charm of Southeast Asia.

I was fortunate to visit Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar this year and love every second. But some things stand out for me - it's not as cheap as I expected. With a high number of tourists, I know it's only a matter of time before things start to become more expensive. However, I was surprised when I went to a motel in Myanmar and it cost me $ 7. That's not really what I think. However, it is definitely worth going and an extra few dollars here and valuable to be able to experience these great countries.



But if you are really looking for an affordable country in Asia, I recommend coming to Vietnam. Among all the countries mentioned above, Vietnam is the cheapest country. Amazingly, I can easily find accommodation for about $ 3 per night and food for less than a dollar! And we don't even talk about poor quality food here, but food makes you full and satisfied. Every tourist I met told me that Cambodia or Myanmar would be cheaper countries to visit, but I always had trouble finding accommodation in hostels for less than $ 5 a night. In Myanmar, you can find food very cheap, like in Vietnam, but I have never paid less than $ 1 in Cambodia. Thailand is known to be the most expensive country in Southeast Asia, and so I was surprised.

But it’s not only because of the affordable price but I really love Vietnam. I like the fact that there are so many things to do in the country, almost too much, and never have a day when you're bored. Whether you want beach, charming town, big city, nature, hiking, mountains, waterfalls, etc., you'll find it here! And when there is a lot of work to do, it's easy to break the bank. But because Vietnam is an affordable country to travel, I never feel I have spent too much or carefully with my money.

When it comes to food, I even start from where you can have a great meal for $ 3 but if you're really careful with your budget, you can find street food with price a dollar or less. There are cakes in almost every place and they will cost you about 50 cents. It has Vietnamese bread full of delicacies, from herbs and vegetables to pork and minced eggs. It was a perfect snack or lunch! Of course, if you want Western restaurants where you can eat pizza, pasta, bread, etc. It may be worth it though when you just need to stay away from rice and bread for a while.



For shopping, Vietnam has it all. You can get everything from sewing clothes in Hoi An to more local brands, or shopping at major centers that can be found in major cities. There are many beautiful souvenirs here that are not a gift you pay. The most popular souvenirs include 'Dresses, traditional Vietnamese costumes, wooden bamboo products, chopsticks, ceramics, art and perhaps the most popular souvenirs: expressions this figurine

Vietnam is generally a country where you will get really good value for your money. Whether it's transportation, food, souvenirs, clothing, accommodation, you can always buy it cheaply and reasonably, while in Myanmar, everything is cheap except for accommodation. There are exceptions in Cambodia, but the price is more like Thailand and I quickly realized that my money was running out pretty quickly. So if you really want to visit a country with a tight budget, make sure not to ignore Vietnam.

For visas, if you are not on the visa exemption list, or want to stay longer than the visa you allow, you must apply for a Vietnamese visa to enter this country. You have three options to choose from: you choose one of the online visas or go to the nearest Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate and apply for a visa with them. Online visas are the most preferred and popular way to get visas though. You can apply for a Visa on arrival or E-Visa, this is an electronic visa that will give you a 30-day, one-time visa. However, it is only available for 80 countries. If you are not on the list, getting a visa on arrival is a great option because it is affordable, easy and fast to get. You just need to fill out the online form, follow the remaining instructions and wait for approval.

Comments